Monday, April 19, 2010

MY VISION


I am going to list three goals that I have had since moving to the United States: Firstly, I plan to graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from Baruch by the summer 2011. Secondly, I plan to find employment in this field, hopefully in financial accounting, however I understand the job market is tense, and I’ am willing to broaden my perspectives should this vision not materialize. Finally, , I plan to get a CPA license and start my own accounting firm.
In regard to my first goal, the specific actions I must take are to continue to pass my classes, maintain my high GPA, and pay my tuition! Other than that, it is only a matter of time.

The more difficult goal to realize is finding employment in the financial industry. New York is perhaps the most competitive city in the world in this field, but there are also thousands of opportunities. I plan to keep in touch with my advisor at the career office in Baruch, apply for internships, and hopefully make enough contacts in the process to get my foot in the door at a large financial institution like Deutsche Bank or Morgan Stanley.

As for my goal to start my own accounting firm, I understand that it is a long process that can take up until a decade to realize. However the previously listed goals suppose to create a solid foundation for the realization of this vision. This last goal I consider the most important. I have a type of personality that hates obeying and following the rules, I hate an idea to be just an element of the mechanism (what happens often in the large corporative businesses) thus I feel that I will be more comfortable working for myself, making up my own schedule, being responsible and report to myself for any failures and success. And with a little study and patience, I should realize all three of my visions in the near future!

3 comments:

  1. I like your drive and enthusiasm! I agree that New York is a very competitive place to try to get a job, but I doubt that will be an issue for you. Accounting is a very good profession to start with, and it will open up many doors for other fields in business as well. I think internships together with good grades will pave the way for your career. It is soooo important to build up a network of people who can help you out. And I think the best networking is done during internships were you can really see what type of work different people do. And if you hold on to these connections I think it would make it easier for you when you're ready to open up your own business. I think your career choice will take you far, and with your ambition I'm sure it won't be long until your vision comes true:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like your pretty motivated and ready to take on New York's competitive job market. We have many similar goals as we are both aspiring CPA's. I think we can both agree that the journey will not be easy and it will require a lot of hard work and commitment. It is nice to hear that you are looking to open your own firm as that shows a strong sense of zeal and ambition. Maybe we can be partners one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally like your last goal to start your own firm after you take the CPA exam, especially since you are the type of person who doesn't like to be bossed around and wants to be responsible for your own self. If you stick to your original two goals and keep pushing forward with an optimistic view and current drive, hopefully you'll achieve your goal :)

    ReplyDelete